Whether you are looking to improve your marketing tools and want to find engaging ways to do the same or you want to improvise your business operations for attaining better customer satisfaction, market research surveys provide an excellent platform to do so.
Surveys help us in understanding the requirement and preferences of the participants. If the surveys are engaging enough, it could also result in better lead generation as well as conversion,ý which are eventually going to increase the growth rate of your business.
While almost all surveys are designed to generate research data that helps an organization to improve and grow, many surveys are complicated and participants tend to leave it incomplete without any navigation clarity. On the other hand, easy- to-navigate surveys increases respondent participation and give us a better response rate as well as more data for analysis.
Factors that affect participation in an online research survey
- Purpose of the survey:
- Giving the respondents a purpose to complete survey results in better participation.
- More and more participants will likely finish a survey if they know what they will receive at the end of it, such as better service.
- Survey medium:
- The majority of the participants today do not prefer participating in email-based surveys.
- Short text-based smartphone surveys get a better participation and completion rate.
- Length of the survey:
- No one sits to complete 10-15 pages of a survey even in their free time.
- Keeping the survey short and precise is better for gaining larger data.
- Style of the questionnaire in a survey:
- Simple yes or no questions are preferred over open-ended ones.
- Again, even for drop-down menu questions, keeping the language simple and sentences short is more likely to get you a response as people avoid getting into broader details.
- Use of language:
- Complicated questions often frustrate the participants, which is why they abandon the survey anytime the language gets tricky.
- A simple sentence is a way to go while designing a research survey.
- Target audience:
- The target audience should be chosen based on their interest and demographics for getting a better response rate.
- Timing of feedback surveys:
- Feedback surveys are more likely to get a response when sent either immediately after a service or within 24 hours of it.
- Anytime later and people tend to forget details that could benefit your business tactics.
You can check on all the above-mentioned parameters to ascertain that the survey you have designed considers these factors or not. You can also choose to hire a professional market research team to make a customized survey design for your organization.
Some of the benefits of hiring a professional research company are:
- They are experts in making flawless and easily navigable surveys.
- The surveys created are visually appealing and are designed in a way to keep the participants engaged till the end.
- Their expertise ensures that all the surveys designed by them are high-quality designs to gather significant data.
- The surveys designed by a professional are highly tailored to your needs and the niche industry in which your organization functions.
When all this work is handled by a professional, you can direct your focus on various other tasks at hand such as analyzing the data and implementing it in the most resourceful way to increase the customer base and customer satisfaction. You can also use that time to focus on the operations of your organization.